Join a Community
The Work Commons is a community of work spaces offering the comfort of your living room with all of the technology and conveniences of a modern office building.
Think of it as a flexible work environment and a community of like minded people interested in propelling their businesses and ideas forward while having a little fun along the way.
The Work Commons has unique office space in downtown Newport, Vermont, steps away from the international Lake Memphremagog. Occupying two floors in the historic Montgomery Ward building, our work spaces range from open co-working, to semi-private, to private, most of which are available by the hour, day, month or longer.
Find Your Place and Your Pace
With high speed internet, you can accomplish what you need to in northern Vermont without the hustle and bustle of a large city. Choose from two membership options complete with complimentary amenities. Take a break in The Phone Box, or hold a gathering in The Meeting room, complete with the latest in smart board technology.
- All in the beautifully renovated, historic Montgomery Ward building, with individually climate controlled rooms and elevator serving all floors.
- The Copy Room on the second floor is available to members and includes fax, scanner, copier, computer and other useful office equipment.
- Newport Natural Market and Café is in the house. Everything you need, everything you want… with Hot bar and salad bar by weight, craft brews, Kombucha on tap and so much more.
- Montgomery’s Kitchen & Cafe on the second floor is a small private break room with fridge, toaster oven, microwave, tables and lounge chair available to members.
- Free parking a hop, skip and a jump or two away.
- Free organic, local coffee and tea served every weekday morning.
- Free Yoga... yup, you heard it right, your first month with our pals at Inspired Yoga included with your membership.
- Hiking, boating, biking... and both Jay Peak and Burke Mountain resorts right at your doorstep.
- Did we mention that we are located on international Lake Memphremagog. Take a 45 minute boat ride, or a 30 minute car ride north and find yourself in another culture. You might as well be in Paris!
- Free events, informational talks and gatherings of all sorts.
Get in touch with us
The Work Commons
194 Main Street
Newport VT 05855